A dated bathroom can be a problem for many reasons. Older bathrooms are often less functional and can drag down the value of your home. Whether you're planning to sell sometime in the next few years, or you're simply looking for a way to improve your quality of life as you continue to live in your current home, a bathroom remodel can boost the value of your property and make life more pleasant while you're living there. Here's what you need to know.
Cost and ROI of a Standard Bathroom Remodel in Sarasota and Bradenton, FL
A standard, mid-range bathroom remodel in Sarasota costs approximately $20,000. When the house sells, the bathroom remodel can increase the sale price by as much as $12,000, so the cost recovered is about 60%. Included in the cost of a mid-range bathroom remodel is:
- New bathtub and ceramic tile bathtub surround
- New toilet
- New solid-surface vanity with undermount sink
- New tile floor
- Recessed medicine cabinet with lights
The cost of a bathroom remodel goes up as the fixtures become more expensive and elaborate. A high-end bathroom remodel may include installation of double sinks and double medicine cabinets, humidistat controlled exhaust fan, installation of a body spray fixture, soaker tub, stone countertop and more. High end bathroom remodels can cost as much as $62,000, with an ROI of 57%.
When Is It Time to Remodel Your Bathroom?
Most homeowners know when it's time to remodel their bathroom for the simple reason they've grown unhappy with the room. Signs that it's a good time to remodel include:
- Your bathroom has dated fixtures.
- Your bathroom fixtures break regularly and need frequent repair.
- Your bathroom was not installed to code.
- You hope to sell your house soon.
Maximize Your ROI
The key to maximizing ROI on your bathroom remodel in Sarasota is in controlling the cost of the remodel. The more you spend on your bathroom remodel, the harder it will be to get that money back when you sell. Home buyers often do not pay more money for fancy features like heated floors or large soaker tubs.
Some suggestions as you try to get the most out of your bathroom remodel:
- Shop around for the right contractor. Look for a contractor who charges reasonable prices but who does good quality work. The best contractor is unlikely to be the least expensive, but should be able to do the job for a price that's in your budget.
- Prioritize your must-haves. Know your goals as you start your bathroom remodel, and focus on changes that will help you meet your remodel goals.
- Know what's the expectation for your neighborhood. One of the ways that you can get the most value out of your home improvement project is by bringing your home up to the standards of other homes in the neighborhood. Buyers will pay for a home remodel that is appropriate for the location.
Contact Your Home Builder in Sarasota
When it's time to remodel your bathroom, Gilbert Design Build can help. Contact us for a free consultation to discuss your upcoming home improvement project.