Summer is officially here (as of June 21st) and with that comes sun-filled days and endless entertaining.
Whether you’re having a dinner party or just looking to enjoy the peace of your own home, we’ve rounded up our top six recommendations to spruce up your patio:
- Hang string lights. One strand, two strands, clear bulbs or colored; your patio will be putting off a brand new vibe.
- Plant flowers. Keep in mind that not all plants and flowers flourish during the summer, so it’s best to research that ahead of time.
- If flowers aren’t your thing, how about a potted topiary? These shrubs come in ornate shapes and sizes, and if you’re lucky, you may find a faux one that looks as though you’ve been manicuring it all year. Score!
- Install a fire pit. Whether you’re the DIY type or would rather purchase new, a fire pit is the perfect focal point to bring your guests together.
- Bring out the bright and bold cushions and pillows. Summer is one of the only times you can get away with a lime green bench cushion so why not take advantage of it?
- Hang a swing. From the typical bench swing to a single cushioned hammock swing, relaxation is guaranteed.
These are just a few of our favorite summer design ideas, what are yours?